Throughout the Summit, participant posters will be displayed and will be grouped into one of three broad scientific topics that mirrors the agenda of the meeting:
- Group 1: Sustainable agriculture – global hunger, food security, and natural resources preservation
- Group 2: Public health related to vector-borne diseases
- Group 3: Invasive insect species – global trade, biodiversity, and climate change
- Size: Each poster must be contained within the 46 x 46 inch (117 x 117 cm) space provided. Two posters will be displayed on each side of a single board (four posters per board). The poster must not exceed the size limit. Please be considerate of the person with whom you are sharing a display space. If your poster is larger than the above dimensions, ESA reserves the right to remove or fold your poster to accommodate space for others.
- Presentation and Viewing Times: Posters will be available for viewing throughout the day and a half Summit. There will be no formal viewing time, though presenters should consider being near their poster during session breaks in order to maximize communication with the attendees.
- Set Up: Participants may set up their posters as early as 4:00pm on Tuesday, September 27 and all are asked to set up their poster as soon as possible. Your poster can be displayed for the duration of the Summit. Bring your own Velcro strips (push pins are not allowed in the Rosen Centre) to secure your display to the poster board. The poster board is covered with felt cloth and the frame is aluminum. Please do not attached anything to the metal frame.
- Poster Removal: Please remove your poster promptly at the conclusion of the Summit (scheduled for 5:45pm, September 28). The board will be quickly dismantled and moved to another location and you may lose your poster if you do not remove it. If your poster is not removed by this time, ESA will remove the poster. ESA will not be held responsible for any missing or damaged posters.
The FedEx Office onsite at the Orange County Convention Center will conveniently produce and print your posters. Simply place your order online, and your poster will be available for pick-up at their center, right outside the poster hall! Learn more about this service offered by the OCCC FedEx Office.